The project When ContempArt helps Social!
About the project promoter and partner
The project will be implemented in the period between April 2020 – March 2022. The initiative is organized by Semper Musica Association Romania in partnership with the Norwegian cultural company Zebel Design Fishbain.
The project When ContempArt helps Social is financed through the EEA Grants 2014 – 2021, RO-CULTURA Programme
About the funder
The EEA Grants represent the contribution of Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway towards a green, competitive and inclusive Europe. There are two overall objectives: reduction of economic and social disparities in Europe,and to strengthen bilateral relations between the donor countries and 15 EU countries in Central and Southern Europe and the Baltics. The three donor countries cooperate closely with the EU through the Agreement on the European Economic Area (EEA). The donors have provided €3.3 billion through consecutive grant schemes between 1994 and 2014. For the period 2014-2021, the EEA Grants amount to €1.55 billion.
More details: www.eeagrants.org and www.eeagrants.ro
RO-CULTURE Programme is implemented in Romania by the Ministry of Culture through the Project Management Unit. The Programme aims at strengthening social and economic development through cultural cooperation, cultural entrepreneurship and cultural heritage management.
The total budget amounts to almost 34 million EUR.
For more details access: www.ro-cultura.ro
Phases of the project
- Developing the website of the project which will also include a hiring platform for artists; the online platform will include 15 Romanian and Norwegian contemporary art artists selected for the project and will have as goal to promote these 15 artists and their availability for social projects.
- Professional development of the team members of the project
- Developing an anthropological research regarding the way Romanian and Norwegian contemporary art artists, active in the ’90 and 2000, included HIV/AIDS as themes for their creations.
- Selecting 15 contemporary art artists from Romania and Norway to develop 15 contemporary art installations with an HIV theme which will be presented to the public in both countries through 15 public events organized in unconventional and conventional spaces; prior to the development process of the 15 installations, the 15 contemporary art artists will meet Romanians and Norwegians living with HIV; their contemporary art installations will have to respect the following themes: LOVE, FRIENDSHIP, FAMILY, professional or sportive PERFORMANCE.
- Organizing two mobilities and two community and press events, in Romania and Norway.
- Presenting the 15 HIV contemporary art installations/creations to the Romanian and Norwegian public; the creations will be exhibited/presented in conventional and unconventional spaces for a month.